Minasan, Watashiwa Wawan Desu...

NurCell Movies

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Can Quora drive traffic?


I'm addicted to Quora. There, I've said it.


I know some folks have doubts. I love StackOverflow too. But something about Quora has me on there, all the time, answering questions.


I do have an ulterior motive: If I can get on there and help lots of people out, I can build an audience. If I build an audience, that's one more pool of interested people who might someday hire my company, buy a book, etc..


See, I'm not actually addicted. I have business motives! I can quit any time I want.


But that business motive means I gotta see Quora actually do something as a traffic or lead generator. So I've started keeping score.


Traffic is a dead loser. After 4 weeks of posting 3-4 answers a day, and accumulating just over 400 followers, I've had a total of 42 visitors. Wooooo.


Quora referrals


But it pays to look a little deeper. On a site like Quora, I'm not necessarily looking for volume. I'm looking for quality. I want really, truly interested people to get in touch with me, follow me on Twitter, etc..


So, take another look at the numbers:


quora-tos.png


Of the top 50 referring sites for Conversation Marketing, Quora generates the third highest time-on-site. If folks are spending that much time on my site after coming from Quora, then this might just be worth it. In my own, weird scoring system, these are high quality visitors.


On the other hand, goal conversion from Quora is zero. Zilch. Nada. But it's not much of a sample size.


We'll see how Quora does. My 30-minute-per-day investment really only requires one new client per quarter to pay off.


I'll keep you posted.



View the original article here

No comments: