Minasan, Watashiwa Wawan Desu...

NurCell Movies

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Why Google's new in-page analytics sorta sucks: A video

November 12, 2010 by ian

I lie at the beginning of this video. I say that there are some things I love about Google Analytics' new 'in-page analytics' feature. Truth is, I hate it. You know I'm a fan of all things Google Analytics, but man, this one stinks up the joint like a rotting pig carcass. Watch the video to see why, and learn an alternative:

In which I say "don't use in-page analytics!", explain why, and present alternatives.

PS: I don't even mention the part where Google Analytics' page overlay then burrows into your browser like a tick and refuses to go away, so every time you load your site after using it, you get the overlay. Waaaah.

comments (7) | trackbacks (0) | permalink


View the original article here

No comments: